Sunday, November 14, 2010

Snow

We had our first snow this weekend, pretty much the first time we've seen snow since March, making this the longest summer I have ever seen here in Minnesota.  Audra and I spent some time shopping today and went through some Christmas displays.  As I go through them I think of all the past Christmases and holiday seasons gone by and how warm the memories are even though the events were in the cold winter.

Drinking events typical to any holiday season November 25 - January 1:
Night before Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Day
Various friend's Holiday parties (or our own)
Audra's Work holiday party
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day Night
New Years Eve
New Years Day (Lithuanian Style New Years)

I'm not saying these are all heavy drinking events - just times when Alcohol is served and consumed by me without fail over the last 10 years or so.  Thats 8 confirmed drinking episodes in 5 weeks that I will be skipping out on this year.  As I like to look at it - 8 confirmed hangovers avoided:)

Things are going well otherwise.  I am officially into the point where friends have accepted the sobriety.  I made mention of drinking to a friend at work, and he misunderstood me to think I was planning on giving up.  He really perked up and told me not drink - to go through with my year.  I had no intention of drinking, but it was neat to see a friend go from wondering why I am doing this to rooting for my success.

Thanks again to all those who periodically tune in to this, I promise, I have more interesting posts in mind that I am working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment