Sunday, February 13, 2011

An interesting twist

I have not posted in a while.  I have not had a drink in case anyone was curious.  Next week I will be leaving the country for three months to travel to India.  I fully intend to continue my sobriety there.  My understanding is drinking is less prevalent there than here anyway.

I hope to continue to blog about not drinking, but it may turn out to be more interesting to blog about India, so any fans out there may be prepared for some additional exposition about that quest as well.

As for the drinking, I am at the five month point.  This is about the time in my previous attempts to quit drinking where I throw in the towel and begin thinking of an occasion or something to go back to drinking.  Of the three times I started drinking after quitting, one start day was on Valentines day, Audra and I went to see a show at the Guthrie, and my first drink back was a beer.  Another time was to celebrate my new job after getting my MBA.  That was to congratulate myself as I stated I wouldn't have another drink until I was securely employed.   The only time I can't remember was the first time I quit drinking then started again.  All I remember is that it was springtime.

Anyway, I'll be in touch.  My next post will be from 11.5 hours in the future and several thousand miles away.  And warm, I mustn't forget that:)

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the travels to India - hopefully you will get time away from work to see the country. Look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete