Sunday, October 17, 2010

Innocent Reminder

Had a mild headache last night and woke up with a strong headache this morning.  Trying to think of the cause, and landed on the flu shot I got Friday afternoon mixed with working on the house yesterday upsetting that shoulder and spreading the ache to my neck/head.  Right or wrong about the cause, it reminds me full well of waking up with a hangover from drinking.  I thought I would make the most of it here.

First 20 minutes of a hangover for me: I wake up, and the headache makes me remember the drinks I had that caused it.  Remembering the drinks usually leads to a sick feeling and a sudden rush of guilt or embarrassment as I remember the money that flitted away with the bar tab, or remember anything stupid I did or said through the evening.  I try to think of some genius way to eliminate the hangover, usually imagining that a hot shower ought to do it.  I take one, and find that the hot water will run out long before the hangover does.  I crawl back into bed, unable to find a comfortable position and try to go back to sleep, but rarely do.

By the way, thanks Mark for putting me on to a few other blogs where people are going through the same thing - one from Australia!  I love technology today.  I plan to take time to read through these.  It will take a while, they are more towards the six month point in the journey.


1 comment:

  1. I think you are now following two from Australia - one is mine, the other is the other one I mentioned, year off the piss. I'm in Brisbane, I think she is in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete