Monday, September 13, 2010

Anatomy of a Hangover

I made it through the weekend, whew!

I consider a hangover to be any kind of negative feeling the morning after drinking – not just the really bad ones hangovers that last all day. One of the things I notice about staying sober is how I can still have a slight hangover the morning after, and I can still regret things I did the night before. So instead of having six captain-cokes, I just have six cokes, and have a stomach ache from all the sugar.

Also, if I am talking all night, especially if there is music playing, I will have a hoarse voice and feel dehydrated too. So many things you attribute to too much drinking had nothing to do with the booze.

As far as regret, I would always feel stupid or embarrassed if I did something foolish while drinking. The truth is, it is just as simple to put my foot in my mouth or embarrass myself while sober, only now I don’t have the crutch of being tipsy as an excuse to fall back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment