Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day One

Some people ask if I plan to write every day during this, or they think I am writing too much.  I guess I had a lot of exposition I wanted to get out on the table before I started.  I'll be writing whenever I feel like it and/or am able to.

Ok, day one.  Audra had her first day at her new job today.  Her building downtown is the same one that housed our wedding reception/restaurant three years ago.  I had a half hour to wait for her to get done, and my first inclination was to go down to the bar in that restaurant and grab a beer.  It would be nice to have one with her once she got done too, I thought, since it is neat that these locations coincided. Secondly, today is one month since my mom passed, and I thought a glass of wine with my Dad would have been appropriate.  It got a bit late and I still want to go for a run tonight, so I am going to do that instead.  I am running in a 5k to benefit ovarian cancer on Saturday.  I'm sure Dad understands:)

Overall, a fine cool sober September day.  I found out my good friend Mark is also going to take a break from drinking, so I'll have some company.  It always helps to have someone for moral support.  Or at least to help you think you aren't crazy!

September Seventh, Day One: 156.2lbs

3 comments: