Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sober Baseball



It turns out my first Twins game at the new stadium happened to be the game they clinched the division.  Of course not being a sports fan I didn't understand the magnitude of that, and we went home before they pulled ahead in the eighth inning.

I remember seeing this episode when I was a kid - it aired when I was 13 years old.  I show this to joke around, and I know there is more to Baseball than watching the game, but being there with no drink, just like being at a bar with no drink, it really feels different.  It takes time to get used to it.  That is why I am not giving up alcohol for one month only, or three months, I want to thoroughly get used to the idea of not drinking.

It's like the old quote from Swingers, when Mike asks how long it will take for his ex girlfriend to call and ask for him back (he wants her to call before he forgets about her).  Rob says, "That's the thing, somehow they know not to call until you really forget."

I want to forget about drinking.  I'm less than three weeks in and I still see it everywhere.  I know it will always be there, just like anything else.  But eventually I really will forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment