Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Divine Infinity




One of the things I planned to do with my time is to read some books.  I checked out "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking.  Without getting religious here, I wanted to share some of the places my mind wanders to when I look up at the night sky.  No matter how much science explains away, I want to say something that most people may not know:  Science has no idea how gravity works.  There are theories, and you can predict how fast something will fall - but there is no known reason why gravity exists.  Even the smartest scientists can not answer the simplest thing that mankind has taken for granted forever.

Things like that allow me to admire the beauty of the universe and the beauty of the atom from a scientific point of view and keeping my faith at the same time.  The rest of the 9 parts pop up once the video is done, if you are interested, it is very interesting. I pause at the beginning and let it buffer because for some reason it keeps lagging.

I made it one week, and believe me, it is hard to look at those beers in the fridge.  It seems silly, but it had become a habit to open one up if one was there. And now they just sit there - probably wondering what they did wrong, ha!  One day at a time.  I can feel the evenings last much longer when I don't have anything.  But i am sleeping better.

1 comment:

  1. The nights definitely do last longer when you are sober. That can be a good thing and a bad thing. I think as long as you have something fun or entertaining to do, it's good that they last longer. If you don't, they can tend to drag on, which makes it a lot harder. You definitely have to plan more when you are sober. Coming home and having some drinks is too easy and requires no planning. Which is also one of the disadvantages to drinking.

    ReplyDelete