Saturday, September 18, 2010

Witnessing positive drinking




This was one of the most popular shows in history right?  It was obviously relatable to a large audience.

Had my first sober Friday happy hour.  Excellent bar named Mackenzie's that my coworkers like to go to after a good weeks work for the great beers and awesome bartender/manager.  I had 2 Diet Cokes, and George didn't even charge me.  I almost feel bad showing up and not giving him business.  

Audra came home twice last week and poured a beer into a mug and sipped on it while we watched It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia – a great show that we enjoy.

The way Audra can just sip on one beer and not grab a second really vexes me.  She eats more than I do (sorry sweetie;)), so I know it isn't her getting 'full'.  I guess some people really are wired differently when it comes to drinking, and therefore some of us must show more restraint.

The point of this post is that I am witnessing others drinking responsibly, that is, having one with dinner, or having one at happy hour and driving home.  This shows me that what I am doing is really unnecessary for a certain sector of the drinking population.  I am just not in that sector.

1 comment:

  1. Sammy was surrounded by it and he did fine. Hang on to that bottle cap.

    ReplyDelete